VOICE REEL 2012! VOICE REEL 2012!

Way too derivative of my imitations of your voice. <3

V103 - The Raven Spoken Poetry V103 - The Raven Spoken Poetry

Serious static issues

Your voice is fairly decent, but your background noise is just terrible, really kills the whole thing. Would love to see a cleaned up version, as it drags your whole submission down.

Vertigo103 responds:

What? there isn't any noise that I can hear? what are you talking about? lol? what?

Commercial demo Commercial demo

Music is jarring along with speaking volume.

Your voices don't show a lot of differences, just you mostly speaking at slightly different speed, or mildly different tone. My best advice is make sure that you're focused on genuine variety from the start. The music is competing with your voice as well, which isn't something you should really want at all. If you're looking for something that shows commercial viability, you need to really give this a bit more polish, so I hope to see something down the road!

linktube responds:

You know now that I look back at this I see what you mean. When I made this I wasn't exactly sure what to do for a commercial demo so I just kinda threw together a few sample's of things I heard on the radio. But I do understand where you are coming from, a demo should be showing everything one can do. As for the music I do suppose it could be toned down a bit as well. Thank you very much for your honesty and critique!

Hot Topic Prankin' Hot Topic Prankin'

Dumb.

Like my face.

Fulp Moon Rising Fulp Moon Rising

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Needs more Drums and Bass, and maybe a tambourine .

And Gregorian monks chanting.

Rucklo - Drunk Rucklo - Drunk

I'm writing a review because I can

I liked the part with the music, because it reminded me of Rucklo, who reminds me of this song. Take that drunky. :3

<3<3<3<3<3<3

Rucklo responds:

FUCKING TILT!

Ex-Zip-It-A Ex-Zip-It-A

Unfocused

It's a fairly marginal first effort. The sounds alone are passable, however combined, the piece itself moves in a moreso randomized fashion, bringing to mind a notion of you toying around trying to find a song within a pile of noise. You will need to work a bit hard on bringing a solid drive into your songs if you wish to impress the crowd. You have potential, but this track seems to be more so about just adding a few tweaks and drums with out really caring which step comes in where, leading it to feel disoriented and all around unfocused.

Submit more for review.

scott2320 responds:

thx

Playing in the Puddle (loop) Playing in the Puddle (loop)

Clean loop, but the focus should be elsewhere

The loop itself is good, however, I'd honestly enjoy it far more if the cymbal was toned down. It's tinny sound kills/ brings you out of what is otherwise a fairly decent ethereal track. It's fairly good, has a nice mood, and I'd describe it as a kind of bubbly lift up. Adding a very small touch of bass, or perhaps just bringing the overall main flow to the front would be a much better choice. However, I think this is a good start, and I'll hope to see more of you as you're now approved. Welcome to the AP. :)

here there be dragons here there be dragons

I found it tended to drag on(no pun intended)

Slow build up, and long riffs don't seem right, but it still works.

Rookes responds:

its called 5/4 time my friend:-)

Guitar Groove Guitar Groove

More soothing than I expected.

I was surprising at the easy synergy of the guitar and synth, though the initial hit of it comes of as clunky.